Some of the schools may have some of these tools, but if you want to be better prepared with your own tools these are what we use:
- Organic Vapor Respirator - For use when handling epoxy. It is strongly suggested that you purchase a quality respirator for the class. Schools usually don't provide these. They may be found at most home centers or automotive part suppliers. They can also be ordered from Jamestown Distributors.
- Low Angle Block Plane - Such as Stanley, Record or Lie Nielsen.
- "Four-in-hand" File (aka "Shoe Rasp")
- Replaceble Blade Utility Knife
- Pliers and Diagonal Wire Cutters
- Bright Flashlight such as those that use cordless drill batteries or 6V lantern.
- Paint Scraper