This method of building boats use pre-cut plywood panels that are "stitched" together along their joints and then glued. The shape of the boat is determined by the shape of the panels. The 2 dimensional flat panels are bent when they are stitched along their curved edges to the adjoining panel. The shape of the curve between the adjoining panels determines the 3 dimensional shape of the finished boat. Stitch and glue boats can be build without forms although forms can help assure that the desired shape is achieved.
- Assembling the Panels and Stitching them Together then Gluing a Stitch and Glue Night Heron
- Doing the End Pour on my Night Heron SG
- Free Stitch and Glue Kayak Plans
- Making the Coaming on the Stitch and Glue Night Heron
- Petrel Play SG - New Build Series