The back deck of the microBootlegger has two "chines" or hard knuckles on each side and a relatively flat area in between. Like stripping the bottom earlier I stripped up past the chine line then trimmed it back to the line, cleaned up with a plane and the added strip in between. Not shown in detail here is the steps where I added an accent line along each edge.
The very stern of the microBootlegger deck has a bit of twist. I could probably have forced this twist in as I installed the strips, but I chose to pre-twist the strips just to make it a little easier. Using a heat gun I heated up the strip, then twisted it by hand and let it cool. Seemed to do the trick pretty well.