The 2023 Retreat is Full. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please fill out the registrations, but DO NOT PAY. We will notify you if there are any cancellations
Hang a left down Route 1 from Ellsworth and the crowds dissipate, but you are navigating towards some of the finest kayaking on the east coast.
Come join Nick Schade and Gerry Polinsky as they introduce you to the amazing coastal waters of Down East Maine. This 5 day event features great kayaking for novice and advanced paddlers alike.
If you would like to join us, please fill out the registration form first before placing your payment order below.
Filling out the registration provides us with all the information we need to plan a safe event, but does not reserve your spot in the event. Your payment of the registration fee after completing the registration form is the final reservation to hold your spot for the week. With the uncertainty surrounding events as a result of COVID we have a liberal cancelation policy.
After adding your payment to the cart below, you can complete your check out by visiting the shopping cart, which can also be found at the top left of every page. (Ignore the stuff about shipping that doesn't apply to this event)
NOTE for Connecticut Residents: Due to a simple minded commerce site, when you go to pay for your registration, it will look like the shopping cart is adding sales tax. Since the event is not being delivered in Connecticut, no sales tax is required. The sales tax will be manually deducted from your payment after you submit your order but before we process your order. You will not end up paying the sales taxes even if it is showing on your receipt. Non-Connecticut residents do not need to worry about sales tax either.
Room and board is included.
- Each individual Paddler can have a private room in a shared apartment,
- Folks traveling together can save money by sharing a room as a Paddler in Shared Room. Please specify your "Paddler" trip companion when you register. There may be other attendees in another room of a shared apartment.
- Or if you or your traveling partner don't want to paddle, come as a Non Paddler. Please specify your "Paddler" trip companion when you register,
- Hot Breakfast, and ample dinner are provided. You are on your own to provide you own lunches.
- If you need us to provide you with a kayak, please add the Kayak Rental upgrade to your cart. Please let us know what other equipment you may need.
- If you would prefer to guarantee a Private Apartment please select that option below and add it to your cart to upgrade.
- You may also upgrade to a Rockefeller Apartment in the stately Rockefeller Hall. These upgrades apply per person, not per apartment. Trip companions or couples traveling together should add two upgrades to cover both people.